Three Dead, 28 Missing due to Migrant Boat Sinking off Yemen: UN says

The United Nations has announced that three people were killed and 28 others missing, when a boat carrying African migrants sank off Yemen late last month.

The United Nations Migration Agency said in a statement that the overcrowded boat was carrying 30 East African migrants who left Djibouti for the west coast of Yemen on October 30.

Eyewitnesses told the international organization that the boat quickly sank “due to the tides and rocks.”

The organization added that three bodies had been recovered.

According to United Nations statistics, about 54,000 migrants have left the Horn of Africa, heading to the Arab Gulf states, since the beginning of this year.

latest news

Following its announcement… What does the decision to exclude Saudi-linked ships from Red Sea buyback coverage mean?

Follow-ups – Al-Khabar Al-Yemeni:Lloyd's List magazine reported that Protection and Indemnity (P&I) clubs within the International Group quickly arranged...

مقالات ذات صلة